“One day perhaps we shall find an ideal music which will be neither popular nor classical, highbrow nor lowbrow, but an art in which all can take part” - Ralph Vaughan Williams
Using his backgrounds in classical and jazz music, violinist Tim Kliphuis breaks down the barriers to create a unique concert where ‘high’ and ‘low’ art meet. The depth of Ludwig van Beethoven and the excitement of Stephane Grappelli meet in a ground-breaking programme featuring classical, jazz and folk repertoire and Kliphuis originals – arranged for orchestra in a seamless blend of orchestral and solo, classical and improvised.
The debut of this programme, sold out and to critical acclaim, was with the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra in Paradiso, Amsterdam. A reprise is to follow in the 2014/2015 season.
|With the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra
- A. Vivaldi – Four Seasons (selection)
- D. Ellington – Suite: African Flower, Isfahan, Caravan
- R. Strauss – Morgen
- T. Kliphuis – Astor’s Dream
- A. Copland – Fanfare for the Common Man and Hoedown
- J. McLaughlin – A Lotus on Irish Streams, Maya’s Dance
- S. Grappelli – Suite: Souvenir de Villingen, Valse du Passé, Piccadilly Stomp
- R. Burns / T. Kliphuis – Couscous and Butter
- N. Paganini – Caprice No. 24