“One day perhaps we shall find an ideal music which will be neither popular nor classical, highbrow nor lowbrow, but an art in which all can take part” - Ralph Vaughan Williams
Using his backgrounds in classical and jazz music, Tim Kliphuis breaks down the barriers to create a unique concert where ‘high’ and ‘low’ art meet. The depth of Ludwig van Beethoven and the fun of Stephane Grappelli meet in a ground-breaking programme featuring classical, jazz and folk repertoire and a few Kliphuis originals – arranged for orchestra in a seamless blend of orchestral and solo, classical and improvised.
The debut of this programme, sold out and to critical acclaim, was with the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra in Paradiso, Amsterdam. A reprise is to follow in 2014/2015.
|With the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra|
- A. Vivaldi – Four Seasons (selection)
- T. Kliphuis – Astor’s Dream
- A. Copland – Fanfare for the Common Man and Hoedown
- R. Burns / T. Kliphuis – Couscous and Butter
- S. Grappelli – Souvenir de Villingen
- N. Paganini – Caprice No. 24
- D. Ellington – Caravan
- B. Bartok – Roumanian Dances (selection)
- T. Kliphuis – Jazz Violin Concerto No. 1